R. Bachimanchi, S. Cooper, E. Daly, K. Davis, M. Drury, C. Hovater, R. Geng, A. Hutton, L. King, G. Krafft, F. Marhauser, C. Mounts, C. Reece, T. Reilly, R. Rimmer, T. Powers, H. Wang
Agenda and Notes
1. Operations Status and Summary
Beam OPS again. Operations at 12 GeV. R100 tripping because of construction noise.
Jan 18-28 ran RF/cavities without beam. Turned on/off infrastructure see microphonic effect.
Powers to produce a heat transfer and choking at lower temp test plan.
Running at low temperature. Differences between expectations and Q curves.
Piezo work started on R100. Should be possible to get some microphonic damping. Stay tuned, code/software problems.
Regular beam studies on Tuesdays and Thursdays for RF recovery likely to be the OPS schedule in foreseeable future.
One hour machine ops devoted to Fast X-ray detection of FE, able to tune for reduced losses. Establish baselines for future comparisons.
C100 tests (determine best pressure "defined by highest operating gradient" to operate at)
Got 70% of cavities back up to E_maxop values, but were having cooling/instability problems when operating at high values.
distinguish/study SEL GDR trip differences (Rama)
Future mechanical investigations to eliminate vibrations in the first place may be appropriate going forward.
2. C75 Project Preliminary Design Review
Review held on 01/21/2016
- C75 Project Preliminary Design Review
- Preliminary Design Review Indico Site
- C75 Project Preliminary Design Review Report
3. Particulate-Free UHV Meeting (Geng)
Agenda for February 29 Program
4. New OPS PIT Tactical Team (Legg, Hutton)
5. Superinsulation Damage? (???)
6. R&D for improving and maintaining CEBAF gradient (in situ?)
Data mining for field emission (Geng)
Heat For Project Charter (freyberger)