Model March 08 2016
Previous action items (see march 1st minutes )
- ATLIS created to study FOPT versus 30 Hz.
- Future release of eDT will set the separator angle.
- eDT will load setpoint2 for the MCP1P01 magnet to the actual BDL needed for the chicane
- qsUtility was released with the sqrt(2.0) bug fix as well as a number of other improvements.
- 2R optics error. a FOPT custom kick file will be prepared to perform a LOCO of the area during beam studies (Y.R)
girders in the model
In the real machine, quadrupoles are arranged on girders (With a few exceptions) featuring a specific layout of diagnostics and correctors.
There is a finite number of girder types. We discussed whether one should capture this in the model.
The first step would be to write scripts to check that the element placement is indeed accurately captured.
diagnostic and corrector lengths
Currently we captured the diagnostics and correctors as zero length elements.
For correctors, this location in the center of it, for the bpms, the location in that of the antennas (3 inches from end of can).
There are benefits to actually model the true length of all of these elements. This is a significant undertaking and likely will have to be done
via scripting to post process the existing decks. It was felt that while it is useful, it is a medium to long term project.
dipole and quads lengths
We have a few locations in the machine for which the dipole elements have an erroneous length.
i.e one should capture the trajectory length which itself is derived from steel length plus extra fringe field length obtained from HGAP.
One needs to review the model to adjust it wherever we have a deviation.
. Quadrupoles also need to be reviewed. The focal lengths and placement is accurate, however one might want to adjust slightly their total length (and therefore their setpoints ) to capture the fringe fields.