From CASA Wiki
Revision as of 08:45, 16 June 2017 by Satogata
Jun 16 2017 JLEIC Documentation Discussion
Observations Re JLEIC DocDB
- Todd notes that some recent DocDB items have inconsistent top-level parameter lists
- For example, 31-v2 and 90-v1, both updated 11 May 2017, have differences between their 100 GeV p on 5 GeV e lists (rightmost parameter list of table 3 of 90-v1; p9 of 31-v2):
- e/p RMS bunch lengths are different
- p laslett tune shifts are different
- e equilibrium emittances, beta*, vert beam-beam, detector space up/down are different
- hourglass/lumi are different
- There are also parameters being documented on the CASA wiki: https://casa.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/JLEIC_Baseline_Parameters
- Biweekly "Ion Integration / Parameter Coordination" meetings F 13:30 (ARC 728) held by Todd
JLEIC Tech Notes, DocDB, Wiki
- DocDB appears to be appropriate place for documentation
- Todd has put an IPAC'16 paper on bunch splitting there
- Pros: Topic/Group/Keyword classifications; title/abstract/author searchability; public/private visibility; multiple documents in one ID; lab-wide EIC documentation repository
- Cons: No full text search; not integrated with JLab TN system; maintenance overhead?
- CASA management are encouraging more active JLEIC documentation
- Including one-off few-page tech notes, "live" documents including parameter narratives
- Include collection/index of historical conference/arXiv papers?
- Todd will start working on this at least as a personal resource
- Philosophy of use?
- All documents including talks at daily/weekly meetings?
- Use wiki/DocDB combination for all meetings including collaboration meetings? (e.g. GlueX collaboration meetings)
JLEIC subversion repository
- Currently used only for version control of JLEIC accelerator lattice files
- Content presently in IonLinac, Booster, IonBooster2Collider, IonRing, ElectronRing
- Plan to extend to include other JLEIC tools and scripts
- To access:
svn checkout https://jlabsvn.jlab.org/svnroot/jleic
- There should be a (wiki page/web page/document) with links to current JLEIC parameters
- These parameters really should be reasonably self-consistent
- These parameters should be reviewed and released by a small JLEIC committee
- If so, what is the membership of such a committee? (There is already a JLEIC accelerator advisory committee: Krafft, Derbenev, et al)
- If so, review/release period? (Biannually seems to be a popular suggestion)
- If so, how to coordinate review/release with JLEIC collaboration meetings?
- Just before? Just after? In phase? 180 degrees out of phase?
- Ed Nissen has suggested leveraging a notification service for updates similar to Automatic Terminal Information Service