- Center for Advanced Studies of Accelerators
Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
12000 Jefferson Avenue, Newport News, VA 23606
- 757-269-7512 (phone)
- B.S. Eastern Nazarene College, 1976
- M.S., Ph. D. University of Maryland, 1982
- Staff Scientist, Lawerence Berkeley Laboratory, 1982-1985
- Staff Scientist, Jefferson Lab, 1985-until the next arguement
Prizes and Awards:
- A prophet hath no honor in his own country
- Lie Algebraic methods for beam dynamics
- Superconducting linac systems
- FEL driver accelerators
Selected Recent Publications
- "Sustained Kilowatt Lasing in a Free-Electron Laser with Same-Cell Energy Recovery",
Neil, G.R., C.L. Bohn, S.V. Benson, G. Biallas, D. Douglas,
H.F. Dylla, R. Evans, J. Fugitt, A. Grippo, J. Gubeli, R. Hill,
K. Jordan, R. Li, L. Merminga, P. Piot, J. Preble, M. Shinn,
T. Siggins, and B. Yunn,
Phys. Rev. Lett., 84, 5238, 24 January 2000.
- "The Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility: CEBAF at the Jefferson Laboratory"
Ch.W. Leemann, D.R. Douglas, and G.A. Krafft,
to appear in Ann. Rev. Nuc. Part. Sci..
(and complete list of papers)
Seminars and Conference Presentations
- "Lattice Design for a High Power Infrared FEL",
Proceedings of the 1997 I.E.E.E. Particle Accelerator Conference,
Vancouver, BC, May 1997.
- "The Jefferson Lab 1 kW IR FEL",
Proceedings of LINAC2000, Monterey, CA, August 2000.
- conscript member-in-protest of the American Physical Society
- not a member of the Shriners, Free-Masons, Water Buffalo, or Odd Fellows
- proudly and eternally a Scots Papist
Updated May 11, 2016
Send questions and comments to CASA